A pain in the leg: physiotherapy for sciaticaFebruary 25, 2020
See how Active Care Physiotherapy is keeping our patients safe during COVID-19June 3, 2020
Telemedicine with highly credentialed physiotherapists from the comfort of your home!
Active Care Physiotherapy is experienced in providing care through tele-rehabilitation / video consultations. This type of physiotherapy can be very effective, and easy to do with a computer, tablet or smart phone.
We have been delivering this form of physiotherapy for the past month, due to the constraints of COVID -19, and are finding it very convenient for a lot of people ie. Seniors, post -operative patients who cannot drive, or anyone that is unable to attend a session in our clinic or prefers the convenience of care on their own terms. We plan to continue with this method going forward as an alternative for our patients.
With Video Tele-Health Consults, we can:
- Take a complete history
- Assess your range of motion and strength
- Examine function movement patterns/restrictions
- Determine a diagnosis/clinic impression
- Prescribe exercises (stretching, ROM, strengthening) with supporting pictures/videos
- Correct movement patterns
- Correct exercise form and provide cues to perform them more effectively
- Provide techniques to perform self joint mobilizations
- Provide techniques to perform self soft tissue techniques
- Provide a full personalized rehab plan to follow in your home
- Educate you on your condition/diagnosis
- Train a family member to assist you with exercises
Connect with us today if you would like to book an appointment for Virtual Physiotherapy!