Virtual/Video PhysiotherapyApril 9, 2020
Winter is coming…. (cue the appropriately themed Game of Thrones music)December 15, 2020
- We have reduced the number of patients that are booked into our therapists’ schedules and added blocked times between each appointment. This results in fewer people in the clinic and allows time between appointments for our staff to thoroughly disinfect their work-spaces.
- Intake forms are emailed to patients prior to the time of the appointment. Patients are asked to email back completed forms.
ENTRY / WAITING AREAS / RECEPTION
- Our patients are requested to come to their appointments unaccompanied unless medically necessary (e.g. severe dizziness, vision-impaired, minors, requires an interpreter, mobility issues etc.)
- Patients are asked to call from their cars when they arrive and we will let them know if we are ready for them. If not, they are to wait in their cars until we call them.
- If visiting the Ingersoll clinic, they will enter through the emergency doors where they will be screened and given a mask if they are not wearing one.
- If visiting the London clinic, they will be met at the building doors to let them in as these doors will be locked.
- Patients will be brought directly to their treatment room when they arrive to avoid waiting in the waiting room.
- The doors to clinics will remain propped open to minimize the touching of door handles.
- Plexi-glass barriers have been installed providing physical separation at the reception counters.
NO CONTACT PAYMENTS
- Payments for appointments are contactless. We securely store payment information or can accept email money transfer. Our patients’ insurance billing information is received through email and sent digitally.
- Patients will be screened over the phone and are informed that they will not be permitted to attend our clinic if they have had symptoms consistent with Covid-19 in the 14 days prior to the time of their appointment.
- Our patients are screened as they enter our clinic for symptoms consistent with Covid-19.
- Active Care Physiotherapy staff members are required to stay home if they have symptoms consistent with Covid-19 and notify management immediately.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
- All patients are required to wear face masks or comparable face covering (scarves, bandanas) to enter our clinics.
- All Active Care Physiotherapy staff members are required to wear surgical/procedure masks and eye protection or face shield during the duration of their shift.
- All patients are informed of our infection control procedures at the time they are booking their appointments.
- Prior to their first appointment at our clinic, patients will receive a call reminding them of our PPE protocol and will perform our screening questionnaire.
- Our appointment reminder emails and our websites and other online business listings will clearly highlight this messaging as well.
ENHANCED SANITIZATION AND DISINFECTION PROCEDURES
- All surfaces in contact with patients are cleaned after use (e.g. reception counters, treatment tables, rehab equipment, chairs etc)
- Our clinics ONLY use Health Canada approved sanitization and disinfection products. These include:
- Cavicide Disinfectant DIN # 02161656
- Purell Professional Multi-Surface Disinfectant DIN # 02469529
- Clorox Healthcare Cleaner DIN # 02403528
- Clorox Clean-Up Disinfectant DIN # 02494000
- Cavi Wipes DIN # 02242209
- Purell Advanced Hand Sanitizer DIN # 80072316
- Purell Instant Hand Sanitizing Foam DIN # 80002892
- Zytec Germ Buster Sanitizer DIN # 80015624
- Triton Hand Sanitizer DIN # 80097749
*note: due to the shortage of disinfecting supplies, we may substitute the above for other Health Canada approved products such as a bleach solution.
- Our therapists will clean their hands (soap and water, or alcohol-based hand sanitizer) before and after each patient’s appointment.
- We follow a prophylactic cleaning schedule where all commonly touched surfaces are disinfected regularly.
- Our staff avoid sharing equipment and tools (e.g. computers, phones, desks, treatment rooms).
- Strict cleaning/disinfecting protocols are in place for working shift changes.
The post See how Active Care Physiotherapy is keeping our patients safe during COVID-19 appeared first on Active Care Physiotherapy.
Source: Active Care RSS